[HPADM] Summary: lost in sam: where to set the gateway and other routes?

From: cbeerse@gmail.com
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 05:48:26 EST

All replies are well summarized in the next replies:
========
Seth Kaplan:
Sorry but in this case I would just go make the changes to
/etc/rc.config.d/netconf. There's most of the information in the comments in
the file. Also, run man route will show you other useful information.
set_parms can be helpful too.
========
Bill Hassel:
You can use SAM to set the default route and gateway for a single
LAN card. For other cards and additional routes, you are much better
off editing the netconf file in /etc/rc.config.d (older versions of
SAM would not edit netconf correctly)

SAM simply front-ends the changes in netconf and the comments in that
file are fairly clear. Note that for multiple LAN cards, you need to
match the device file name with the card. A lot depends on the hardware
you are using (there are dozens of HP 9000 models) and the version of
HP-UX you are using.
========

Some gave general pointers to sam->networking but I could not find it there,
which might be due to the relative old version of sam as I understand from others.