[HPADM] Disk space usage

From: Buddy Mills (ramill@wm.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 09:19:08 EDT

Is there a command that will give me the total % used (or avail) on any given drive, whole drive or volume group? I know that I should be looking at each file system, but the "pointy hair boss" wants me to report daily on the % of whole drive used like.., uug I hate saying it, he says Windows does.

With out going into a lot of discussion with him on stuff he does not understand. Mainly that Windows also reports on the file system and he is just looking at one filesystem on his local PC. I need to grant the request. After all he does control my pay.

 I don't want to waste time adding up the bytes each day via "bdf". I could write a script, but was hoping there was a quick command that I have missed.

Anybody?

Thanks in advance and death to all pointy hair bosses everywhere, well maybe just broken leg.

Buddy Mills
757-221-2099
ramill@wm.edu