[HPADM] RE: -SUMMARY- Help lost /dev/vg00 and another question on /dev/krm

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Mon Oct 10 2005 - 15:56:11 EDT

Thanks to John Adams, Richard Goodwin, Mike Lavery, Jim Turner, Mohan Sundaram, Richard Wright, Marc Ahrendt for their suggestions. Fortunately the system did not go down and I was able to recreate the directory structure using mknod /dev/vg00/group c 64 0x000000. I was then able to do a vgdisplay -v vg00 and see all the logical volumes which were all the default logical volumes. I re-created all the logical volumes per an example from Richard Goodwin and Richard Wright. So far the system is still up and running. Several said to do a vgimport on vg00 but since the system never went down then I am going to hold off on that. I was able to do a vgexport -pvs -m and create a map file for vg00.

I did find a directory /dev/krm that was missing I created it and compared to some other system and there are two special character files under this directory in my other systems. Richard Goodwin sent me the major and minors for these file from doing a ls -l on his rp7410. If there are any other admins out there running rp7410 systems with 11i, could you send me ls -l /dev/krm so I can compare the major and minors to see if they are consistent with all rp7400's. My rp7410 and K370 and N4000 systems are different major and minors. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.