[HPADM] Summary Disk space usage

From: Buddy Mills (ramill@wm.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 11 2005 - 09:59:25 EDT

Thanks to Andy Belville for the quick answer and the script that work for me
with no changes.

Andy's response:
For volume groups, you could write a simple script to show what's been used
in the VG. Since actual disks shouldn't matter ( that's the point of the
VG ). If disks are _absolutely_ necessary, it wouldn't take much more
scripting to get done.

Here's an example of a one-liner for printing out the percentage for a VG:

# vgdisplay vg00 | \> awk '{if ( $0 ~ /Total PE/){TOTAL=$3}; if( $0 ~ /Alloc
PE/> ){ALLOC=$3}}END{printf("%i %% allocated\n", ALLOC/TOTAL*100)}'

Buddy Mills
The College of William and Mary
757-221-2099 ramill@wm.edu