[HPADM] HPUX lpspooler Vs non-hp printers

From: Stephanie C (stepchung@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 18:09:10 EDT

Hello List,

Back the old day, we used HP OpenSpool to manage our Unix printing.
When HP decided to obsolete OpenSpool, HP recommends replacing with
another HP product called Dazel which about 300,000.00 dollars (three
hundred thousand). I mean USD. Forget Dazel, we looked for other
printing products out there. We finally forget all the third party
printing products and went with native HPUX Lpspooler. Saved lots of
moneys.

The issue is Lpspooler HP JetDirect software version E.10.34 does not
support non-hp printers. When try to add a non-hp printer queue using
HP JetDirect, the system gets error (can not ping the printer…or some
thing likes that…). Is there a back door or a patch to handle this?
Thanks.

PS. I have 50 available gmail (2.4gb storage) to invite. Any one wants
a huge storage free gmail email, send me an email. First comes first
serves.

Stephanie