[HPADM] SAN FABRIC Upgrade.

From: Neil Paniraj (npaniraj@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 15:21:49 EDT

Admins:

I need your advice in approaching a SAN Upgrade next
weekend in our environment. I have several 8400s,7410s
and Superdomes with redundant HBAs connected to the
SAN Storage Units. I have checked that all the servers
have Primary and Secondary Links. The SAN guys are
upgrading the TOP FABRIC one weekend and the BOTTOM
FABRIC the next weekend.

We are expecting a change in cXtYdZ numbers. My plan
is to move the primary/alternate links with pvchange.
That way I will minimising the downtime and the users
can use the Filesystems with only one path. Can anyone
advice me/guide me with the lessons they learnt with
something similar