[HPADM] console issues for Itanium-servers ?

From: Marc Thoelen (marc.thoelen@uhasselt.be)
Date: Sat Aug 06 2005 - 04:38:26 EDT

Dear all,

I just acquired my brand new RX4640 Itanium/UX server. HOwever i keep struggling
with the correct console settings. I first tried to connect an ordinary
VGA-screen to the VGA-outputport at the back of the machine...however i only see
a flashing 'underscore' _ ;-)
Then i tried to connect a VT100-terminal to one of the 3 serial ports (the one
labelled 'local/MP'), but nothing yet. Still that is what the installation
manuals tells me to do...
Any other suggestions ??

Marc

--