[HPADM] Importing VG's in different servers.

From: Vidal, Ignacio - (Arg) (ignacio.vidal@telmex.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 12:36:22 EDT

Hello:
I've a question related to the use of "Secure Path" software and exporting/importing VG's with other servers not using that software.

Here, we are planning to move a server between 2 sites (A and B).
This server is connected to a XP512 in "A" site, and should be connected to an EVA500 in "B" site.

There´s "a lot" of storage allocated to this machine, and that's why we planned to copy disk contents, over the network, to a temporary server.

The question arises when I noticed that I've created the required volume groups on the temporary server (connected to EVA5000 and using Secure Path software): should I have problems in the first server during "vgimport"?

Is the question clear enough?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Ignacio