[HPADM] Text editor for large files

From: kevinjk@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 13:08:11 EDT

Does anyone know of a text editor(s) that is reliable with large files?
Running HP-UX 11.11 on J6000/6700/6750/C8000 and I keep getting my butt
kicked by users that are sometimes unable to open and/or save their large
files in dtpad. Typically happens with files 20+ MB. Sometimes the same
file will open and save just fine and other times they get "unable to save
<filename> Unknown reason: possibly not enough disk space" when attempting
to save. Had cases open with HP and our swap space, tmp space, maxdsize
specs, etc. are all fine with what they recommend though they do
acknowledge that it is a known issue with large files and that dtpad
wasn't intended for large files. Nothing to do with lack of home
directory space either. HP suggested emacs but that won't be available to
us much longer. Thanks in advance.