[HPADM] Lousy system response times

From: Joe Atkinson (jba@zeppo.geosurv.gov.nf.ca)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 12:10:47 EDT

We've been having sporadic problems with our HP4000 series running HPUX
11.11
In a nutshell, the response time for CDE gets slower and slower until
the connection times out. Access times to various databases
get so bad they time out also.Telnet to the machine takes forever.
Accessing the WebConsole shows everything merrily processing away, no
big disk/net/cpu loads. The fix we've found is to run lanadmin and reset
the network card.(Fibreoptic 1000BaseSX)
To me this sounds like banging the TV to fix the picture. Nothing out of
the ordinary in any of the logs.
Has anyone come across this kind of behavior before ???

Cheers

--
Joe Atkinson
Systems Analyst