[HPADM] SUMMARY Passwords in trusted mode

From: Thomas Northup (thomaslnorthup@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2005 - 22:30:06 EST

Many thanks to Mohan Sundaram, Bill Hassell, John Lanier,Mike Keighley, Craig Johnson, and Timothy Reed.
Most pointed me to the /etc/default/security file.
MIN_PASSWORD_LENGTH=5
PASSWORD_MIN_UPPER_CASE_CHARS=0
PASSWORD_MIN_LOWER_CASE_CHARS=0
PASSWORD_MIN_DIGIT_CHARS=0
PASSWORD_MIN_SPECIAL_CHARS=0
You can 'man security' for more details.
Tom

Hello Admins,

I am running an RP5470 HP-UX 11i in trusted mode.

Is there a way to make the password of a user 8 alpha character?

I tried several security changes in SAM but it still tells me that the “Password must contain at least two alphabetic characters and at least one numeric or special character”.

Thanks

Tom