[HPADM] [Fwd: Re: Disable rexecd from doing reverse lookups]

From: Corné Beerse (cbeerse@lycos.nl)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 09:36:17 EST

Hopefully, I was lucky. I just tried the "-s" option to rexec and the rexec can
be used now. It all appears to work as expected.

As told, this is avoiding some security check hence, be carefull on using it.

I got the (attached) reply that "-s" is documented on hp-ux 11i for both rexecd
and remshd. It appears to work for 11.0 too.

CBee

attached mail follows:

The -s option is there for remshd and rexecd, but on 11i...sorry I don't think you'll find it on 11.0

Rgds,
Rita

>>> =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Corn=E9_Beerse?= <cbeerse@lycos.nl> 01/27/05 11:36AM >>>
The `remshd` has the option "-s" to disable it doing reverse-lookups. Is there
such an option for `rexecd`? On HP-UX 11.0, there are no such options documented.

Either a hidden option (I'm currently trying the "-s" ;-) or an updated
(downgraded) rexecd for HP-UX 11 suits our needs.

btw: I know about security issues it might (will) give, we take that risk.

CBee