[HPADM] SUMMARY: HP CIFS and smbpasswd file

From: Johnson, Craig E (craig.johnson@siemens.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 19:05:13 EST

Well, that was an adventure. I actually wound up installing an even newer
version from software.hp.com, which required that I install LDAP first. But
it still didn't work. After fiddling with it for several hours, we simply
made this change:

password server = DC1,DC2,DC3

Before I simply had DC1 in there, even tried the IP address. Apparently my
server and DC1 don't like each other. Anyway, CIFS is now serving up the
way it is supposed to. No more local smbpasswd file to maintain.

Craig

  _____