[HPADM] t5000 thin client and new rp2470 server

From: Henning, Thomas B (thomas.b.henning@usa-spaceops.com)
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 10:49:21 EDT

Hi all:

I have just received a new rp2470 server and a t5000 thin client to use as a system console for it. This is the configuration recommended by HP, so I am
assuming that it is a usable configuration. So far I have managed to get the server connected to the thin client using a serial cable, but I am having
problems trying to use the Console LAN connection with the thin client. Actually I am having problems with the client itself.

The main problem right now is that I have placed the thin client into a video mode; 1024x768, 32 colors at 85 Hz refresh rate; that I do not have a monitor
for. The client, unlike normal MS windows, switched video modes without forcing a test screen. The client does not seem to support the normal windows F8
safe mode either. Does anyone know how I can place this t5000 into factory default conditions?

I apologize if this is deemed off-topic for this list, but since it was provided as a console for an HP-UX box I was hoping that another HP-UX admin. out
there could help.

Thomas B. Henning
United Space Alliance
Ground Operations
Wave Analysis Lab
(321)861-4234
thomas.b.henning@usa-spaceops.com

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect those of my employer or NASA.