[HPADM] Moving /var/adm/sw

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 14:37:20 EDT

I am trying to clean up my /var filesystem. I can't expand it on-line
so I am looking for other options. I have already used the cleanup
command. I found one post on the HP ITRC as follows:

1. moving (copy and delete) /var/adm/sw to a larger
filesystem/directory (say, "/larg/var_adm_sw ") and create a link to it
ln -s /larg/var_adm_sw /var/adm/sw

Is this safe? Or could I mess up SD on my box by doing this?

- Justin