[HPADM] Summary: rp7410 vs rp4440

From: Justin Willoughby (jwilloug@mhc.net)
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 14:31:30 EDT

Well most thought that the rp4440 looks nice provided I did not need
very many IO slots. It was also noted that the rp4440 will not do
LPARing. This is not an issue for me as I don't plan to do any LPARing.

Thanks to all who replied.

- Justin

==================
 Justin Willoughby
 Computer Operations
==================

>>> "Justin Willoughby" <jwilloug@mhc.net> 10/1/2004 1:09:03 PM >>>

We were looking at getting two rp7410 but now we are looking at two
rp4440. What are the pros or cons getting the rp4440 instead of the
rp7410? The rp4440 comes with a three year warrantee which the rp7410
only comes with one year. We would be running HPUX 11iv1 with MC/SG.

We would use most (5 or 6) of the io/PCI slots but don't see needing
add any additional cards in the future.

Note: I don't want any sale offers (no exceptions), just technical
advise on going with the rp4440 instead of the rp7410.

Thanks,

- Justin

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP,
browse only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)