[HPADM] how to boot from dat drive on rx1600

From: Javier González (jgonzalez@conatel.com.uy)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 15:32:16 EDT

Hello Admins,

I'm testing an Itanium rx1600 server running HP-UX 11.23.
I've connected a dat drive and used make_tape_recovery command which run smoothly and finished OK.
What I've could not figured out yet is how to boot the server from the tape drive in order to recover the system.
I am new with this hardware and it is very different from HP 9000 PA-RISC in which I interrupt the automatic boot and use the PDC boot command to boot from the tape device.
If someone have done their test on this issue and wants to share a tip or two, will be very welcome.

thanks in advance,
javier