[HPADM] RE: -SUMMARY- using sed and a hex value substitution

From: Naylor, Jim (Jnaylor@Schnucks.com)
Date: Wed Sep 29 2004 - 10:21:15 EDT

Thanks to Hardeep Bhogal, Steve Illgen, and David Lodge for their responses.
It appears that Linux uses the GNU sed which has more functionality than the
standard sed that comes with HP-UX. I downloaded the GNU sed, compiled it,
and it does work with the hex values.

Example:
File AAA contains one line:

123456