[HPADM] Re: OT: Thoughts on Linux, Future? or not?

From: Stephanie Chung (stepchung@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 17 2004 - 18:15:11 EDT

Alison,

"Amen!" You really nailed this issue. I don't
understand why people are crazy about "Linux". They
don't look at the big picture. Linux is not a big deal
after all. I work with HPUX, Linux and Solaris. If my
boss pushes me to go with Linux on our critical
production environment, I will resign before I get
fired. Linux security and support are a huge pain in
the neck. In my 5 years with HPUX, Linux and Solaris,
I got hacked in 36 times on Linux, 14 times on Solaris
and ZERO time on HPUX. “Cheap” is not a
solution. In the long run, “Cheap” will
come back and bite you big time. My comment is
“if you have a good and secured system, stick
with it. Do not change to Linux.”

Stephanie

--- "Ayson, Alison {Info~Palo Alto}"