[HPADM] Re: Escape code to print duplex from HP-UX to an OfficeJet 7110

From: Javier Gonzalez (jgonzalez@conatel.com.uy)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 13:13:55 EDT

To clarify my issue, the OfficeJet is connected with a Windows PC and shared
with WinLPD software.

This way I have defined a remote printer in HP-UX to access the OfficeJet.

The printer filter used when a remote printer is used in HP-UX is pretty
simple so I have to insert some escape codes to access some functionality
like choose bins, condensed, italic, etc.

Everything went OK except the duplex printing.

The printer models that come with HP-UX are very old and are not applicable
when using remote printer.
Am I right at this point ?

The HP OfficeJet 7110 is supposed to have PCL Level 3 Enhanced language.

One thing, but improbable to me, could be that the escape code "\033&l1S\c"
used with other HP printers like laserjets have changed in OfficeJet.

Other thing could be that some other escape code is needed before the duplex
one in order it could be taken properly.

Perhaps a PCL3 Enhanced manual should be looked at, to find the corrects
codes.

No PCL reference manula comes with the OfficeJet.

If someone has a digital version of the PCL3 Enhanced manual or knows where
to download it please give me a hand.

Regards,
javier