[HPADM] Re: SUMM cold install 11.0 question

From: Peter Unmack (peter@fish.la.asu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 21:05:00 EDT

G'day folks

Thanks to everyone for their answers. Basically the answer was go with
the 4 gig disk as the boot disk.

Tom Myers and others summed things up pretty well with

Also, you can build on any SCSI drive in the system, not just those with
HP firmware. The 712 family is VERY forgiving on this. The worst I've
had to do is run mediainit on drives which came out of Solaris or AIX
machines.

Original message is below.

Cheers
Peter