[HPADM] Re: Openssh problem

From: Michael Moore (mike@ee.byu.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 16:37:01 EST

anand.hampayya@wipro.com wrote:
> Recently we upgraded our Openssh from 2.9.9p2 to 3.4p1 on HP-UX 11i
> server. The problem is whenever a user tries to do ssh to this server to
> always turns him telling "Connection to server closed remote host".
> Does anybody have the clue about what might be the problem.

First, make sure that sshd is running on your server (ps -eaf | grep
sshd). Then double check your /usr/local/etc/sshd_config file on your
server for correct configuration and likewise make sure that things are
setup correctly on your client machine (sometimes you can ssh in as root
but not as normal users). I *think* that a similar problem I had was
solved by installing a newer version of openssl[1].

Anywho, HTH.

[1] - http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Languages/openssl-0.9.7c/

--
Mike Moore