[HPADM] Oracle 9i RAC with MC/SG - possibility to run on single node

From: Rasheed Tamton (Rasheedt.c@stc.com.sa)
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 03:11:00 EST

Hi Admins,

We have a rp7400 (N4000) box with HP-UX 11.00, MC/SG 11.13 and Oracle 9i
(9.0.1.2.0) RAC on a two node cluster environment. We have a big problem
on getting enough downtime for sysadm activities. Right now we are on a
process of migrating the storage to EMC and need to install two HBAs.
The system has many raw devices for database (around 150 LVs) and the
migration will be a headache plus the downtime constraints.

We are considering a plan as to whether or not we can run the system on
a single node and
power off
install the HBAs and drivers and
bring back the node and switch the database to the other node
and do the same activities on the other node.

Can anyone please advise me what are the correct steps to do these
activites. Our dba is not that experienced with Oracle RAC so that I am
also a bit restless to do the said tasks. I would like to know how we
can stop the Oracle RAC cluster and run it on a single node before I do
anything on MC/SG side.

Thank you
Rasheed

Disclaimer: The information in this email and in any files transmitted with it,
is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you receive this in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited.
Statement and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender, and do not
necessarily reflect those of STC.