[HPADM] Machine Load Capture - CPU

From: brian irvin (brian944us@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 10:02:48 EST

Team:

We are using a script internally to re-direct
application to different servers (Based on LOAD). I
need
1. a single command to capture the CPU Utilization
(will cutting out idle from top command work)

2. Can i use the Unix "w" command and redirect based
on that??

These scripts are going to run on Servers that have
the same configuration (memory,disk,cpu etc)so i
thought we could use the "w" command. But i was not
sure what those Average figures mean in the "w'
command.
Is this a good approach??

Thanks

Brian.