[HPADM] PA-RISC Binaries Running on Itanium?

From: Christian Bryant (cbryant@symark.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 19:14:51 EST

Folks,

I have a customer who claims to have taken one of our products
compiled for HP-UX PA-RISC, and run the binaries on his
HP-UX Itanium.

Now, I know that the Linux Virtual Machine is a marketing
feature for later releases of HP-UX, but I thought I'd heard
something about cross PA-RISC/Itanium compatibility as well.

Is this true? Are there versions of HP-UX that run either
PA-RISC or Itanium binaries? And, if so, which versions? And,
if not, is it a plan in HP's future?

Regards,

Christian Bryant
Software Configuration Manager
818-575-4087

Symark Software
30401 Agoura Road, Suite 200
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
http://www.symark.com
Main: 800-234-9072 or 818-575-4000
Main fax: 818-889-1894

Not just secure. Symark secure.

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies of this message.