[HPADM] RE: connect a "ELSA MicroLink 56k" as a support modem

From: Sudhansu Dora (s_dora@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 23 2004 - 07:02:33 EST

Hi Paul

See if it helps you.

Thanks and Best Regards

Sudhansu

-----Original Message-----
From: hpux-admin-owner@DutchWorks.nl
[mailto:hpux-admin-owner@DutchWorks.nl]On Behalf Of
Paul.Soltermann@vonroll-isola.com
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 5:19 PM
To: hpux-admin@dutchworks.nl
Subject: [HPADM] connect a "ELSA MicroLink 56k" as a support modem

Hallo admins,

I try to connect a "ELSA MicroLink 56k" as a support modem on the "remote"
line of the serial port.
Server type 9000/800/L3000-RP5470, HP-UX 11.0.

I read the SUMMARY: How do you connect a modem to an L-class ? I followed
the step-by-step description, the problem appeared when I tried to reset
the modem.

GSP> mr
          --> Modem reset filed

(Config Settings)
Local Console Serial Port bit rate: 9600 bits/s
Local Console Serial Port Flow Control: Software
Local Console Serial Port Terminal Type: hpterm
Remote Console Serial Port Modem Protocol: CCITT
Remote Console Serial Port Modem bit rate: 19200 bits/s
Remote Console Serial Port Modem Flow Control: Software
Remote Console Serial Port Modem Transmit Configuration Strings: Enabled
Remote Console Serial Port Modem Presence: always connected

Any idea ?

Paul Soltermann, Isola Werke AG, CH-4226 Breitenbach

 Archives:  ftp.dutchworks.nl:/pub/digests/hpux-admin       (FTP, browse
only)
            http://www.dutchworks.nl/htbin/hpsysadmin   (Web, browse &
search)