[HPADM] VA/LUN question

From: Ben Le (ble@pcc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 18:03:59 EDT

Hi List,

I have 4 HP-UX servers connect to 2 VAs (va1 & va2 - VA7100). All 4 servers
have the same volume group name as /dev/vg01 that connects to VAs (left
over from the former Sys Admin). My problem is I have no idea that
/dev/vg01 of what servers connect to what LUN on what VA. Is there a way to
identify this?

The reason for this is I want to blow out /dev/vg01 on server A and
recreate /dev/vg01 with more space on it. I want to know what LUN and what
VA of /dev/vg01 server A is using. Then delete that LUN to reclaim the
diskpace. But before doing the delete that LUN, I want to make sure other
servers are not using that LUN. Thanks.

Ben

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator