[HPADM] naming servers

From: Paveza, Gary (gary.paveza@AIG.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 10:23:08 EDT

We're currently dealing with a situation where we have a bunch of new
servers coming online (I know - a terrible thing), and I'm curious as to
what kind of naming schemes other admins use. I've heard of using things
like planet names, famous people (my college used the Marx brothers), but
what else have people done? I tend to try to avoid names that match
functionality - why advertise to a hacker what's on the machine?