[HPADM] Re: naming servers

From: Laurentiu Simion (lsimion@rogers.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 17:27:24 EDT

I have noticed people beeing big fans of god, fish or other names. From
my experience the best decision in order to support it is servers
grouped by functionality with ordered numerals as suffixes. If these
boxes are on trusted side of the network you should not be concerned
with hackers findings (they will discover what you run there without
knowing the hostname - be sure ...)

-lou