[HPADM] INstalling Oracle on HP 11.0

From: Eric Hunter (ehunter@marsys.com)
Date: Sun Jul 27 2003 - 13:06:39 EDT

I'm trying to complete an initial install of Oracle 8.1.7 on HPUX 11.0
and keep running into problems on the ins_rdbms linking phase. Ther
error I get is "Out of Memory" in $ORACLE_HOME/install/make.logwhile
making ins_rdbms.mk install. I did some research and checked the size of
maxtsize_64 and maxdsize_64 and both are set above 1gb. I added swap to
1.2gb on 512mb of RAM, and I downloaded and installed every patch I
could find at itrc matching oracle as a keyword (about 1.2gb worth) and
I still cant get past this error.

Has any one out there conquered this problem before?