[HPADM] SUMMARY:ITO not supported in Trusted environment?

From: Roger.Best@us.hsbc.Com
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 13:23:21 EDT

Thanks to (fifo sort) Stuart Abramson, David Lodge, Richard Goodwin, Bob
Scharle, Bill Thompson, Allan Marillier, Bill Hassell, Ilan Green, and Corn
é Beerse for their response which are posted at the end.

The issue arose because my colleague went to the HP ITO course where they
suggested ITO not run a Trusted system. Forthwith, my colleague opened up
a call with HP concerning any known issue with ITO running an a Trusted
server...And we finally have a response:

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I wanted to make sure that I
had
discussed the issue of C2 Support for OVO Unix with our lab folks in
sufficient detail, before giving you my findings.

OVO Unix relies on multiple underlying technologies(DCE, NCS DCE, Oracle
etc ) for both server side and agent side processing and communications. In
addition OVO relies on other OpenView products such as NNM that use native
technologies such a perl for performing certain procedures and functions

 C2 security significanlty effects user and password management, and
introduces auditing functions. OVO(and the underlying Oracle data base)
rely
extensively on user accounts for the various roles/responsibilites/tasks.
These interactions and their impact on the underlying technologies
have
not been tested in detailed by our lab. Therefore this particular
configuration namely OVO Unix in a C2 Security environment is not
supported.

If you would like we can log an Ehancement Request with our lab.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP

I would think it worthwhile for each one of us to log and enhancement
request (but just my opinion).

-Roger Best

Original Question:
Folks,

Some people at HP are trying to suggest that an ITO installation (server)
is not support on a Trusted machine.

These are two products produced and supported by HP.

An HP server in Trusted mode is a must in our environment.

Is anyone on this list running (plans to run) ITO on a Trusted machine?

I will summarize!