[HPADM] hp-ux 11 install issue

From: Matthew McCleary (hayduke@nmt.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 07 2003 - 08:20:38 EDT

A few weeks ago I got 11 installed on my 735 box (many thanks to Chris
Medaglia for sending me the media). The install seemed to go well, and I
set up hp-ux for dhcp since I have a WinXP box that handles that. Well, it
*seemed* everything went okay, but when X comes up and goes to the CDE
login screen, and I type in a username and password (either root or my
personal account) the window disappears, there is some disk gnashing, and
then the login screen pops back up. I can't seem to get any further than
this. Does anyone have ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew S. McCleary, hayduke@nmt.edu
SCA: Flainn Raighne, College of St. Golias, Kingdom of the Outlands