[HPADM] rpc.mountd

From: Baran YURDAGUL (barany@netas.com.tr)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 03:30:34 EDT

Hi Admins,
In the ISS scan I have gotten a vulnerability rpc.mountd operatin on a
nonrserved port. I have searched the ITRC,
there was a solution of applying patch (PHNE_22125 | 28102 | 28567) . I

have applied the patch 28567 but when I lookup
via rpcinfo command but it is already at the non-reserved ports.
rpcinfo -p | grep mountd
    100005 1 udp 49220 mountd
    100005 3 udp 49220 mountd
    100005 1 tcp 49162 mountd
    100005 3 tcp 49162 mountd
In the man pages, it says that if you dont give -p option to the mountd
it will be operate on reserved port but it is not true.
With -p it is again on non-reserved port..
Any ideas ??