[HPADM] Need MC/ServiceGuard advice

From: admin@cf2tree.com
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 18:17:18 EDT

Hi folks,
The system: K420 running 10.20 with MC/ServiceGuard:

In this system, other than the vg00, I have only one other application volume
group managed by MC/ServiceGuard. This application vg is in need of disk
space, but I cannnot add new disks to it because the 'MAX PV' has reached its
limit. If I cannot add new space to this vg, I was thinking to create a new
volume group with a new logical volume to take the place of one of the big lv
in the current vg. If it works, the space from this big lv can then be
released for other file systems to grow. I am not an expert on MC/ServiceGuard,
but I found this /etc/cmcluster/pkg/pkgpdmb.control file that appears to
control of adding a new volume group and modifying mounting file systems upon
system reboot. Is this the only file that I need to modify for this to work.
Any other files that I need to modify on the primary, and on the backup servers?

Badly in need of advices from MC/ServiceGuard experts.

TIA