[HPADM] RE: SUMMARY: Installing RAM on an N4000 w/ 11.0

From: Dave T. (davidlt77@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 15:26:24 EDT

Thanks, Craig. I'll look into that.

Dave

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Johnson, Craig E" <Craig.E.Johnson@icn.siemens.com>
To: "'Dave T.'" <davidlt77@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [HPADM] SUMMARY: Installing RAM on an N4000 w/ 11.0
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:43:50 -0700

Actually, there is at least one more thing to consider. If you have your
min and max buffer cache set as variable rather than fixed, you may want to
consider either reducing max or changing it to a fixed value so you don't
wind up using way too much memory for buffer cache. This of course is done
through Sam and requires a kernel rebuild and reboot.

Craig