[HPADM] SUMMARY: A way to save printers created with JetDirect Printer In staller f or Unix vE.10.34?

From: Whittemore, Dale (dale.whittemore@lmco.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 10:26:24 EST

Never mind.

Just as I sent the question, the old admin from 6 years go came by and I
asked him if he had a clue, (about this subject!), and he pointed me to
/opt/hpnpl/bin/transferqueue.
A look at the man page for this (/opt/hpnpl/man/man1), gave me what I
needed. Following the instructions on the man page I was able to make the
transfer in less than 5 minutes.

To quote Garth Brooks: Very cool!

Dale A. Whittemore
Computer Systems Analyst, Senior
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Phone: 303-977-5008
Fax: 303-971-2750
Pager: 720-521-8942

I have about 50 printers I created with the JetDirect Printer Installer for
Unix ver E.10.34 using the 'hppi' command on a 11.0 system that I want to
move over to another 11.0 system without having to create them all again.
Is there an easy way of doing this? The "Save/Restore Spooler
Configuration" in SAM doesn't work with this applications spooler as it does
not see the printers created with 'hppi'