[HPADM] Summary: HPs Secure web console

From: Beerse, Corné (c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 09:50:42 EST

Thanks to Marcel Burggraeve, I found version A.02.00.001 at
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/hw/swc/index.html
<http://docs.hp.com/hpux/onlinedocs/hw/swc/index.html> (click the tiny
<SWC> button at the middle of the top part)

Others pointed out that SecureWebConsole is not that secure. The faq (see
above link) only states passwds are MD5 scrambled, all other data is
scrambled. That does not sound secure to me too. Specially if the hack-tools
are provided (as they are in the html-java way).

Anyhow, an update of the software gave some result: my (Java2r1.3)
webbrowser did produce a workable solution. My collegues (Java2r1.4)
webbrowser did make a total mess out of the updated webconsole....

CBee

--
C. Beerse
mailto:c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl <mailto:c.beerse@torex-hiscom.nl>