[HPADM] Re: Using swlist output with swremove

From: Balaji (balaji@irtt.org)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 06:35:40 EST

On Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:39:59 +0200, Epstein, Kevin wrote
> Hi All,
>
> I Want to do the following. Create a list of files using swlist command:
> # swlist -C sendmaillist -l file InternetSrvcs.INETSVCS-RUN
>
> I get an output looking something similar to this:
> hostname:/>swlist -C sendmaillist -l file InternetSrvcs.INETSVCS-RUN
> # Initializing...
> # Contacting target "hostname.mydomain.com"...
> #
> # Target: hostname.mydomain.com:/
> #
>
> # InternetSrvcs.INETSVCS-RUN B.11.00 INETSVCS-RUN
> /
> /etc/ftpd
> /etc/ftpd/ftp-exec
> /etc/ftpd/ftpusers
> /etc/ftpd/pids
> /etc/gated.conf
> /etc/inetsvcs.conf
> /etc/mail/aliases
> /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
> /etc/mail/sendmail.cw
> /etc/mail/service.switch
>
> I then want to use the list that was generated with swremove so that
> swremove ONLY removes the files in this list. I'm not quite sure how
> to go about this. I've tried the session files, but I'm not seeming
> to have much luck. Can anyone give me some advice on this. TIA. I
> will summarise.
hi kevin,
i am afraid you will be able to do so. swremove (or SD-UX for that matter)
handles software in sets of filesets, products and bundles. so you will have
to remove a complete fileset at one shot.
in case there are dependent file sets, you may have to remove them as well to
keep the IPD intact. or use the "autoselect_dependents=false" option to
unselect dependencies.

hope this helps.
-balaji

--