[HPADM] RE: Backup scripts suddenly won't run

From: Ayanda Dlamini (Simunye) (Ayanda-Dlamini@rssc.co.sz)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 03:35:58 EST

Thanks to all those who responded. I realised that the problem was not with
the cron as per but rather with my
DB dump process. I has hung basically, therefore no matter what you do,
start the script manually, it just would not run.
The old trick, kill the hanging process and reboot did just fine since I
have run my backup from cron for three consequentive times now without
errors.

Thanks A Lot everyone

AYANDA DLAMINI (TIA SIMUNYE)
ROYAL SWAZILAND SUGAR CORPORATION