[HPADM] Ignite 3.7 install A/B version issues

From: Ruth Hutchings (Ruth_Hutchings@3i.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 10:20:05 EST

Hi to all

I have ignite B.3.7 running on a hpux 11.00 server. I have a mixture of
10.20 and 11.00 clients.
The problem is that for some reason the 10.20 clients can perform
make_tape_recovery ok with the A.3.7 version but fail on the
make_net_recovery due to A/B version issues as the server is B.3.7.
My main question is, should I install the B version of 3.7 on the 10.20
clients as well as the 11.00 server?.
Does anyone have this sort of setup?
I imagine for clients, I just need to install the B version of
Ignite-UX-11-00 and Ignite-UX-10-20 respectively whereas the server
needs the full product ?
Many thanks
Ruth

For addressee only. No legally binding commitments will be created
by this e-mail message. Where we intend to create legally binding
commitments these will be made through hard copy correspondence
or documents.

3i Investments plc

Registered office: 91 Waterloo Road
                              London SE1 8XP

Registered no:3975789

Regulated by the FSA

If you are not the intended recipient it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute, disclose
or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
us immediately. E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised
amendment, and we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or
the consequences thereof.

3i is committed to following policies which protect
your privacy and comply with current international
data protection laws and regulations in respect
of personal data. Further details of these policies
can be found at www.3i.com.