[HPADM] RE : Swap management [SUMMARY]

From: HAUTECOEUR Bruno (HAUTECOB@ESSILOR.fr)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 10:46:19 EST

Hi admins,

HP support has explained me how all this works:

For each process created, the system reserves some swap in the swap areas
beginning by the "devices" swap. Then, when all the devices swap are
allocated, the system begins to allocate the pseudo swap. It's why when this
pseudo swap is 100% used, it means that there is no more swap space unused
on the system.
In this case, no more new processes can be forked.
Then you can create a new device swap which will do decrease the total
percent used swap. As you increase devices swap areas, the pseudo swap will
decrease and then the system is happy !!! And it works well !!

am i clear enough .... ?!

rgds