[HPADM] NTP question

From: Ken Felmly (kfelmly@h40a.resva.trw.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 15:00:41 EST

Hi.
I am looking for some advice on the following time scenario:

Time server (NTP) is set for Eastern daylight saving time (EST).
Client is GMT.
Sun box that gets it time from the GMT client (not NTP; not a HP
software package; does a remote time command like remsh on the GMT
client and uses the output)

Is there anything I need to do specifically to have the GMT server
synchronize to the EST box and keep the GMT time? I am thinking so, but
am not sure how. I don't want the GMT server to drift to EST.

Also, have any of you had any problems running a system like this?
 Oracle, Netbackup, VPO, etc. We are not planning (according to design)
to move to GMT throughout.

Kenny