[HPADM] SUMMARY: omniback v3.50 to data protector v 5.0

From: Janet Lee (janet.lee@nist.gov)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 14:18:47 EST

Admins--

To clear up some confusion, I should mention that the manual says that an
upgrade from 3.51 to 5.0 is okay, but not from 3.50 to 5.0. That sounds
strange, but I don't dispute it.

Judging from the comments I received it seems that no one is particularly
gung ho about v5.0 (although there are some of you who are not all that
happy with 4.1 either). There are benefits to upgrading to v4.1 (namely in
database size and management), while the difference between 4.1 and 5.0 is
less significant. Everyone reported a relatively painless upgrade to 4.1, so
I plan to do that and stay there for a while. The main piece of advice
regarding the upgrade was to make sure I had enough drive space during the
upgrade.

Thanks again to everyone who responded, including Mike Keighley, Kevin
Davisson, Mike White, Rita Workman, Tom Myers, Mike Lavery, and others.

Cheers,
Janet