[HPADM] Summary: Re: Ignite and physical drives

From: Joe Reeves @COLONIAL (joe_reeves@colonialbank.com)
Date: Wed Nov 27 2002 - 11:42:57 EST

The short of it is "yes, it is possible". Thanks to Craig Johnson for
pointing out this additional info on how Ignite deals with devices:
"Ignite detects the system it is about to overwrite and
adjusts for the disk size (i.e. swap space, size of FS's, etc.). It also
removes all configuration and device dependent information from the image."

According to Stéphane Lachapelle, you have to interrupt the Ignite boot
process and add the second disk. (Which makes sense, since I'll need to do 2
pvcreates instead of just one)

Thank you to all who replied.

Joe Reeves
UNIX Administrator