[HPADM] SUMMARY: pdf to Text

From: AAghada@anb.com.sa
Date: Sun Nov 24 2002 - 01:51:31 EST

Thanks a lot to everybody who responded so quickly.
I got following anwser reg. conversion of pdf to text files.

I like the idea of Edward, to convert pdftohtml.
Allen, In Linux I have used pdftotext which works great. Linux also has
ps2text, pdftohtml ,etc.. in /usr/bin.

Regards,
----------------------
I think that GhostView/GhostScript will do what you want - both are
available for HP-UX. What tools are you using on Linux?

There is also a freeware C library that you can get which allows you to
create PDFs if you call it from another program. The library is ClibPDF,
their home page is at http://www.fastio.com/

Allan.Marillier@dana.com
Hi,

Install ghostscript which can convert pdf2ps, and then ps2ascii :)

--
Ole Hansen
Did you mean
   pstotext-1.7 (24 Jun 1998)
   Extract ASCII text from a PostScript or PDF file
or
   pdftohtml-0.34 (2 Aug 2002)
   A program to convert PDF to HTML format
for example? Try searching the archive, e.g. http://hpux.tn.tudelft.nl/
Best regards,
Edward
Have you tried the hp porting archive
http://hpux.connect.org.uk
heres are some links to the software that may help you or otherwise just do
a search
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/PostScript/pstotext-1.7/
http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/PostScript/pdftohtml-0.34/
Regards