[HPADM] bad lvextend and lvreduce commands

From: Ronelle Van Niekerk (rvanniek@ecgd.gov.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 04:20:56 EST

Hi guys,

We were mirroring the systems disks on Saturday and come across a very
strange thing.

The first system we did went through fine. But the following systems all
gave up errors on our lv commands:

#lvextend -m 1 /dev/vg00/lvol6 - for example, gave us this error:

Usage: lvextend
        [-A Autobackup]
        {-l LogicalExtentsNumber |
         -L LogicalVolumeSize}
        LogicalVolumePath [ PhysicalVolumePath... |
PhysicalVolumeGroupName... ]
"m": Illegal option.

What's up with that?

A man on the lvextend command shows that the -m option should work.

We copied the lvextend (and other "faulty" commands) from the system
that worked and used those instead - not the best practice, I know, but
what else could we do?

Regards,
Ronelle

Infrastructure Support Team