[HPADM] HP RAID 4Si and DS2300

From: Johnson, Craig E (Craig.E.Johnson@icn.siemens.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 18:30:49 EDT

Any experience with this combination of HP products? Good, bad and ugly?
I'm taking delivery of these and am curious as to how you may have set them
up and why.

My first thought is to run the DS2300 in split bus mode, and connect a bus
to each side of the unit, and create a single RAID5 LUN out of however many
disks are on each side. The 4Si card doesn't support PVLINKS, which stinks,
but can I stripe across the LUNS for performance in this configuration?
Thanks and I will summarize.

Craig Johnson
Systems Administrator/Sr. Engineer
Siemens