Re: OS Upgrade

From: Bill Verzal (BVerzal@KOMATSUNA.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 15:11:31 EST

So I don't have to send it out to people all over; and for the archives,
here it is. Feel free to ask any questions.

Pay attention to the dates in the spreadsheet. As we progressed, we added
more information to each upgrade, based on issues from previous upgrades.

BV

(See attached file: AIX 5.2 Upgrade Schedule.xls)

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             "Patrick B.
             O'Brien"
             <pobrien@DOIT.NV. To
             GOV> aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Sent by: IBM AIX cc
             Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton. Subject
             EDU> Re: OS Upgrade

             03/31/2004 01:50
             PM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

 We want to see it and critique and maybe even add to it.

I'll E-mail you my project plan directly.

BV

"If everything is coming your way, then you are in the wrong lane"

Bill Verzal
AIX Administrator, Komatsu America
(847) 970-3726 - direct
(847) 970-4184 - fax

             Sue Pellerito
             <Sue.Pellerito@JA
             CKINTHEBOX.COM> To
             Sent by: IBM AIX aix-l@Princeton.EDU
             Discussion List cc
             <aix-l@Princeton.
             EDU> Subject
                                       OS Upgrade

             03/31/2004 01:25
             PM

             Please respond to
                  IBM AIX
              Discussion List
             <aix-l@Princeton.

Can someone lead me in the right direction for information on upgrading
from 4.33 to 5.2 on an H80 and M80 server. I'm sure many of you have gone
through this already. What can I expect? Should I try an upgrade route or
is a new install cleaner? Any ugly problems encountered? Any help is
appreciated.