Re: what does "Quorum requirement turned off" basically mean?

From: jeff barratt-mccartney (jbarratt@COMPSAT.COM)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 20:42:30 EST

other geniuses on this list will probably extrapolate, but I will try to
give you a hard and fast answer and a simple reason. quorum >50%(not >=50%).
a 2 disk mirrored vg will be varied off if one disk fails(ie 1 of 2
alive=50%, this is less than quorum). this is why quorum is turned off on a
2 disk mirrored vg. there is a lot more to this(and a lot of caveats(quorum
really checks the # of VGDAs), but this is the hard and fast answer.

the LVM a-z redbooks explain quorum really well.