Re: LPAR - 3rd party cards

From: Bob.Kelley@BRINKSINC.COM
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 18:06:29 EST

according to the documentation, a device driver supporting Enhanced Error
Handling, an individual card going down won't bring down the entire system

Bobby Kelley Jr.
972-877-5341

                      "Page, Jennifer"
                      <Jennifer.Page@RB To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      CDAIN.COM> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: LPAR - 3rd party cards
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      03/18/2004 04:20
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Looked through old messages and can't find exactly what I am looking
for.

BACKGROUND
----------
We are looking to connect our first LPAR'd p650 to our SAN
(Brocade/StorageTek) via either Cambex or 6228's.

QUESTION
--------
Is there any risk in using non-IBM HBA's in an LPAR'd system? Basicly
if the HBA fails will will the slot go down or is there a chance for a
more disruptive failure?

Thanks-
Jennifer

RBC Dain Rauscher does not accept buy, sell or cancel orders by e-mail, or
any instructions by e-mail that would require your signature. Information
contained in this communication is not considered an official record of
your account and does not supersede normal trade confirmations or
statements. Any information provided has been prepared from sources
believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed, does not represent all
available data necessary for making investment decisions and is for
informational purposes only.

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient is unauthorized. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Information received by or sent from this system is subject to review by
supervisory personnel, is retained and may be produced to regulatory
authorities or others with a legal right to the information

NOTICE TO BRINK'S EMPLOYEES:
All electronic mail communications composed, sent, received or stored on or
through Brink's equipment are subject to the Brink's Electronic
Communications Policy. Employees should have no expectation of privacy in
their use of the Company's electronic mail system.